Friday 8 June 2007

Ye hai meri kahani...Engineering admissions

Four Years ago, my H.S.C. result was declared on 4th of June. My aggregate percentage was 86 and I managed to score 90% in PCM. I had decided to do engineering so there was no confusion as such. But because of the battle between engineering colleges and government, the admission procedure was just getting delayed and nothing else. It took whole 2 -3 months to solve this issue and after lots of stays and interim decisions finally the centralized procedure for admission to various engineering colleges across Maharashtra took off. I filled the option form and submitted it at the prestigious VNIT College with my friends, no one was certain about which college they would be allotted. Then after a week or two again the management quota came into play and the Supreme Court decided to allot 50% management quota that year, but on merit basis (It seems quite strange ....but this was the decision given by SC).

I was aspiring to take admission in Pune college, so I came to Pune with my father in September. I filled the management quota forms of 4-5 colleges in Pune and to my dismay the counseling of all colleges was on the same day. It was just impossible to cover all the colleges at same time so we first checked PICT ...my rank was over 700 and the total available seats were close to 180, so we left the hope(Although I realized afterwards that it was possible to get admission even at rank 850..anyways). We went to Singhad College of Engineering (I loved the campus very much, but I was unable to get a discipline of my choice) Then we had gone to PVG(here I missed the cut throat competition by just 2 competitors). So finally we had to go back to Nagpur. By that time I was allotted Shri Ramdeobaba Kamala Nehru Engginerring College Electrical and Power, Nagpur. I came back to Nagpur and joined SRKNEC.I was a little bit nervous.

Back Nagpur when I was attending my college sincerely, attending all lectures, bowing to my seniors, facing the ragging sessions, my destiny played one more game with me. SC ordered Bharati Vidyapeeth to fill the remaining 125 seats through AIEEE. My father got this information through Internet. The counseling round was at Pune. Oh no not again I said. I was in no mood to go to Pune again and come empty handed. After a long serious discussion with my father, it was decided that my dad would go for the counseling round to Pune. I was feeling very ashamed, because my chances of getting admission were very poor and still my father was willing to spend, take time and go to Pune once again just for my admission. He left to Pune for my admission.

On 29th of September at around 7 p.m I received a call from my father that my admission to Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College Of Engineering was confirmed and that I was allotted Information Technology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good experience but you didn't discuss your experience of living away from home, about ragging and the past four years.

Unknown said...

good keep it up.

My Shelf

This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.